Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's Thanksgiving week already?

I don't know about you, but I feel like 5 minutes ago it was July and now Thanksgiving is only a few days away?  Time definitely flies as you get older, but I think sometimes the confusion as to the time of year has to do with how odd Maryland weather can be.

We generally have 4 very distinct seasons which is nice!  It doesn't normally start to really get cold until sometime in November.  However this year, on Halloween weekend we got snow.  It was Saturday October 29th and I woke up to cold, rainy weather which eventually turned into snow and sleet.  Yet today, November 20th, I wore flip flops and while I did have on a thin sweater, I didn't even need a jacket. 

Since Thanksgiving is here and the holidays are upon us (could the local radio stations at least wait until Black Friday to start the 24 hour Christmas music?), I decided to share a few images from Thanksgiving last year at my mom's house.  My mom does such a fabulous job with seasonal decor in the house.  She knows how to make a house feel like a home.  I took a few shots of her branches with strands of lights, and for good measure,  one of my mom and I (self taken per my usual) which happens to be one of my favorite pics of us.  The one thing I have gotten the most compliments over the years is my smile and I definitely get that from her.  Just one of many traits I could be blessed with from my mother. 

Not just at Thanksgiving, but all year there is always something to be thankful for. 











No comments:

Post a Comment