Sunday, December 4, 2011

you know that apple green ice cream can melt in your hands

It's Tori time. 

Tomorrow, that is.  At good old Constitution Hall in DC.  I've been there a number of times, mainly for a Tori show.  I anticipate fabulousness and know that I will not be disappointed.  I've seen a lot of shows over the years and if you ask me who captures the audience the most?  I'm sure you can guess what my answer is. 

Never have I been in a concert where it's so quiet, that in certain song moments you could hear a pin drop.  I've often just sat there mesmerized.  Seeing Tori is truly an experience.  In one show you can see her tear shit up, joke and laugh, and feel the raw emotion that just bleeds from her.  She's an odd one, no doubt, but she's one hell of a performer. 

Last week I finally got some framed art hung on the wall (the hanging courtesy of Michelle) and I decided to use that as the image for today.  This piece was what Tori signed the first time I met her.  I really didn't say much because it happened on a whim and I was a little starstruck.  I do recall thinking how tiny she was though....and her hands were warm, I remember that because it was cold outside.  I had on a long coat and upon meeting her she greeted me with her hands and I thought, "she's warm, tiny, angelic, and radiant". 



I am hoping to have returned from tomorrow's show with some images to share.  I hope the kind folks who work the doors at Constitution Hall don't pick through the giant lady purse seeking my camera as they have not in past years.  Keep your fingers crossed for me! 

The entry title today comes from one of my favorite Tori songs which is an old b-side and if interested, you can hear it here

No comments:

Post a Comment