Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wilco at Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD

I've seen Wilco a number of times but never in the front pit area.  It has always been lawn or another outer area so I was pretty psyched.  It was a bit of time since my last Wilco show and the anticipation was killing me.  I left my Nikon at home and brought my borrowed piece as planned.  After some lot time catching up with faces I hadn't seen for awhile and encountering new ones, I made my way through the gates.  Nick Lowe was the opener and I missed it but luckily he came out later in the show and did a song with Wilco so I at least got a few shots of him. 

Once I merged myself into the pit area I gazed longingly at the space between the stage and the fence wishing I had that magical press pass that would allow me to be in that very space.  One day..

They took the stage, opened with the track I suspected they would and then it was game on.  It was a great show as it always is, as I knew it would be.  I did not go hog wild with the camera like I have for other shows in the past.  I think I'm finally finding my way to blending photos and concert enjoyment all in one which is something I've struggled with.

Wilco goodness...

Jeff Tweedy

Wilco action

Nels and Mikael

Tweedy in red

Jeff and John

Nick Lowe

Armed and dangerous

Wilco with Nick Lowe

John Stirratt

Group shot

Set design

Perfection















No comments:

Post a Comment