Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inspirational

Back in 2008 I came across this guy's blog -  http://www.mattlogelin.com/

The first night I started reading it, I sat there for 3 hours just reading and reading.  

The gist of his story?
Pregnant wife (Liz) goes on bed rest.
Baby Madeline comes via c-section.
24 hours later Liz passed away.  Pulmonary embolism.
Matt lost his wife and gained a newborn baby in the course of one day.
Devastating and miraculous all at once.

Maddy is now 3, Matt still keeps the blog, and this year he had a book published - Two Kisses for Maddy.  There was a book tour and he came to Gaithersburg, MD so of course I went.  He was the keynote speaker and I had a seat in the front with my friend Ben who agreed to come with me.  Then I had my book signed.  You can kind of see Madeline in the red shirt there in that last picture below where she is occupied at the book signing table. 

I highly recommend checking out Matt's blog and certainly buy a copy of this book!  I read the whole book in one morning.  It is truly inspirational and is a reminder to all of us that time spent on this earth is not to be taken for granted.

I would also like to mention that Matt's blog is not just inspirational, but humorous.  I have had many laughs reading his style of blogging and after awhile you really feel like you know him.  He also has kick ass taste in music and takes tons of photos (which often illustrate his blog writing). 






1 comment: