Friday, July 8, 2011

Cause we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl

Even though Material Girl is by Madonna, I still always think of when Adam Sandler says it in the Wedding Singer.  I also love when he says to his ex (who is wearing his Van Halen tshirt), "please get outta my Van Halen tshirt before you jinx the band and they break up".  One of my favorite movies.

The Wedding Singer really has nothing to do with today's photo.  Nor does Madonna.  My brain just thinks stuff up and then wanders off. 

I chose this image today to remind everyone that every now and then, you must do something nice for yourself.  Whether you like to go to the spa.  Or buy yourself something you've been wanting for awhile.  Whatever it is, do it!  You are worth it.  My co-worker finally convinced me back in early 2009 to buy my Nikon.  I price shopped for probably 2 months and kept going back and forth about whether I should spend the money.  He said, "you could get hit by a bus tomorrow.  get it."  Now here I am blogging with photos I took with that very camera. 

This necklace was something else I bought for myself which, coincidentally I am wearing as I blog this.  So during a trip to NYC back in December 2010 I decided to splurge and get this Tiffany piece I had been eyeing.  I don't normally choose super girly stuff, but for some reason I wanted this necklace.  So now it's mine.  It is a reminder of a wonderful trip I took with wonderful people. 

It's also a reminder to me to live in the now. 
You can always make more money. 
Do the things you want because you never know what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment