Saturday, March 5, 2011

I want to be a part of it....New York, New York

Christmas time in New York City...there's nothing like it.  The hustle and bustle, holiday decorations, and Christmas spirit everywhere.  I realize we are now into March and Spring is quickly approaching.  But since my blog is still in the "lift off" stage, I have a lot of images to share from different times of the year!

I went to NYC back in December for an all girls trip with some of my family.  I adore going to New York because you can photograph the same thing more than once but it can always look different depending on how you shoot it each time.  I took a photography course a few years back for black and white film and loved it.  Even though I haven't done film for awhile, I still adore it.  It can be a time consuming process developing film and print making, but being in the darkroom was often a place of solace.  I listened to a lot of Radiohead while in there watching the images come to life in the chemical trays.  Specifically their "Amnesiac" album, for some reason.  That album in particular from start to finish just seemed to get me "in the zone".  I'd still love to have my own darkroom and do film and who knows, maybe I will if I obtained the supplies and had a space that would allow me.

But anyway, back to Christmas time in the Big Apple.  Here are some images from the December 2010 trip:
The hotel lobby decorations



Toys R Us

Ferris wheel inside

Statue of Liberty, Lego style

Evil Barbie Pez



People actually ride this

M&M World



In the entryway of Macy's



Diamond shaped lamp post

Magnolia Bakery...if only I had run into Sarah Jessica Parker and Cynthia Nixon having cupcakes


St. Patrick's Cathedral


Sleigh inside Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany birds


The canary diamond worn by Audrey Hepburn

Tiffany display window outside on the street


Decorated trees near the Plaza Hotel



No comments:

Post a Comment