Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lady Antebellum in Atlantic City, NJ

Last Sunday I was able to go to a concert in NJ on the beach thanks to my friend Lisa who won tickets and asked me to join in.  I'd known only a handful of songs by Lady Antebellum but decided to go anyway.  Even if the show wasn't great, at least it would be a nice day out with my girlfriends.  It turned out to be so much fun!  I was surprised at how good the band was and thought it was great how they interact with their fans.  It just seemed very genuine.  Having been to a lot of shows over the years, I've seen both ends of the spectrum as far as that goes.  Even to the point of one particular musician spitting on the stage and not even once acknowledging the crowd of people there to see him.  It was quite a spectacle.  Luckily I happened to get a free ticket to that show. If I had paid to go, I would have been even more disgusted that I not only wasted my time but my hard earned money as well.

Anyway, this was a refreshing change from some of that chaos.  They were energetic, happy to be there, talented musicians who even while singing, take items from people in the crowd to sign them and pass them back down.  I was impressed.

I did not take my camera because the concert rules specified no professional cameras.  But luckily my friend April had her Nikon Coolpix.  So I messed around with the settings to see what worked and what didn't and managed to get at least a handful of images that I liked.  So here are a few!  If you like this group even a little bit, then go see them when they come around!  It was a super fun time!


















This last picture was from their final song of the night, the hit "Need You Now".  Just as I took it, someone's hand went through my frame as you can see.  But I still love the image.  You can tell they're up there enjoying what they do!  This is one of the biggest reasons I love to photograph live music.   







No comments:

Post a Comment