Friday, June 28, 2013

Mateo's 1st Birthday

This time last year (well, a week ago last year), my dear friend Suzana gave birth to a baby boy named Mateo.  Last weekend we celebrated his first birthday.  I'm not sure how the year went by so quickly, because I feel like I was just at her house feeling him kick from the other side.

A few weeks after Suzana had Mateo, my other dear friend Mandee had her baby named Sammy.  Now they are growing up together and I am most thankful that I get to see it happen! 

Seeing new life come into the world, has made me think about the circle of life and how each day is to be cherished.  Since my uncle died at the beginning of the year I've had time to reflect and there is a lyric to my favorite Bonnie Raitt song that sums it all up perfectly:
"Life gets mighty precious when there's less of it to waste".

If you want to hear the song you can click here

Live each day fully, love with your whole being, and appreciate every moment!  We are all going through this crazy life together. 

On that note, I'd just like to say that I'm thankful for my friends and being a part of celebrating Mateo's life!

Here are some photos from the afternoon:


The birthday boy


Sammy


Birthday seat


Suzana and Mateo


Best buds


Cake


Happy little family





Happy 1st birthday, Mateo!






 








No comments:

Post a Comment