Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Impossible Germany

This past weekend I returned home from a wonderful trip to Germany.  Despite the cold weather (I'm more of a warm weather person), it was so great.  Not only was I able to visit a new place and take in all the sights, but I was also able to visit my cousin Kate.  She was kind enough to let me stay with her and show me around.  The other day someone asked me what my favorite part of the trip was and my answer was being able to spend quality time with Katie.  Getting to see a beautiful country was just an added bonus.

While I'm still sifting through my photos, I wanted to at least share one as a preview in the meantime.  Kate and I went to Garmisch-Partenkirchen which is in Bavaria, Southern Germany.  On our first day there, we decided to visit the Zugspitze and from there is where I took this photo.  The Zugspitze is often called the "Top of Germany" and stands as Germany's highest mountain at 9714 ft. 

More on the trip later along with additional images, but for now just the one and also a suitable blog entry title which happens to be a song from one of my all time favorite bands, Wilco.  If you are interested in hearing the song, you can watch the Letterman performance here.  Lead guitarist Nels Cline kicks down a sweet guitar solo around the 4 minute mark until the end of the song.  It's worth watching, but I'm partial.

From the Zugspitze:

Stay tuned for more recap on Germany complete with photos!

2 comments: