Saturday, July 2, 2011

how to fight loneliness. just smile all the time.

My friend Suzana took this picture of me last summer so obviously I did not take it.  But it is today's image.   

I was in a Wilco mood today and this shot to me, is definitely an illustration of their song How To Fight Loneliness.  I frequently associate music with my photographs which is why most of my blog posts reference lyrics.  One of the things I love about photos is that they can mean different things to different people.   I have often wondered when looking at pictures of people, what was going on in their life at that time and how they felt at that exact moment when the shutter was released. 

The thing is,  things are not always what they seem.  Be thankful for what you have been blessed with instead of envying someone or something else.  Find beauty and pleasure in the little things in life!

Just smile all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment